The AAS offers complimentary meeting registration to bona fide working journalists and public-information officers (PIOs), as described on our press-credentials page.
As of 16 December 2019, advance press registration is closed. Reporters and PIOs who need to register on-site at the Hawaii Convention Center should go straight to the AAS registration desk in the main lobby on Level 1 and ask for an on-site press-registration form. You'll be asked to take it to the AAS Press Office to have the form authorized by the AAS Press Officer, after which you may return to the registration desk to print your badge.
Location: Room 328, Level 3, Hawai‘i Convention Center
Thanks to the Universities Space Research Association (USRA) for generously sponsoring the press office with refreshments for on-site press registrants!
Press Office Hours
- Saturday, 4 January, 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Sunday, 5 January, 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Monday, 6 January, 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Tuesday, 7 January, 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Wednesday, 8 January, 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Press Office Staff:
- Rick Fienberg, AAS Press Officer, +1 857-891-5649 (cell)
- Tarini Konchady, AAS Media Fellow, +1 202-328-2010 x130
- Location: Room 325AB, Level 3, Hawai‘i Convention Center
- Briefing Schedule, Topics, and Speakers
- Briefing Webcasts (see instructions)
- Archived Briefing Webcasts
Due to space constraints at the Hawai‘i Convention Center, we will not have a dedicated press interview room. Except during press conferences, the briefing room (325AB) will be available for use by press registrants; use our online signup sheet to reserve this room for use at specific dates and times.
- 2nd Media Advisory (Press Kit) (30 December 2019)
- 1st Media Advisory (12 September 2019)